Child Development and Pedagogy MCQ questions:
Directions (Q. Nos. 1-30) Answer the following questions by selecting the most appropriate option.
1. Which of the following stage marks the involvement of children in their peer groups?
(d) Early childhood
2. It is said that ‘Development is a never-ending process’. Which of the following defines it?
(a) Principle of interaction
(b) Principle of continuity
(c) Principle of interrelation
(d) Principle of integration
3. Honey, a young female teacher, believes in personalized learning because she thinks that
(a) learners must learn on their own
(b) students must enjoy their learning
(c) every person must be exposed to learning
(d) every learner is unique and must be given a chance to develop to the best of his ability
4. Which of the following statements about pedagogy is/are correct?
(a) Pedagogy is art as well as science
(b) Pedagogy is a system which deals with the school management system, system of curriculum development and system of instructional procedure
(c) It explains teaching tasks in terms of presentation and demonstration in a classroom
(d) All of the above
5. Which of the following is one of the three types of analysis of pedagogy in education?
(a) Pedagogical analysis of beliefs
(b) Pedagogical analysis of the subject
(c) Pedagogical analysis of emotions
(d) None of the above
6. Roli is unable to pronounce the words ‘study’ and ‘society’ clearly. As her teacher what will you do?
(a) Humiliate Roli by isolating her and asking her to repeat the words
(b) Asking the entire class to repeat the words and appreciating Roli when she repeats them correctly
(c) You will just ignore it
(d) You will ask the class to laugh at her
7. Critical pedagogy firmly believes that
(a) the teacher should always lead the classroom instruction
(b) the learners need no reason independently
(c) what children learn out of school is irrelevant
(d) the experiences and perceptions of learners are important
8. Which of the following is a teacher-related factor affecting learning?
(a) Mastery over the subject matter
(b) Proper seating arrangement
(c) Availability of teaching-learning resources
(d) None of the above
9. A teacher makes use of a variety of tasks to cater to the different learning styles of her learners. She is influenced by
(a) Piaget’s Cognitive Development Theory
(b) Kohlberg’s Moral Development Theory
(c) Gardner’s Multiple Intelligence Theory
(d) Vygotsky’s Socio-cultural Theory
10. A teacher can identify a stressed child when the child shows the following behavior.
(a) Aggressive behavior
(b) Full concentration in studies
(c) Excessive talking
|Quiz 5: Child Development and Pedagogy|