2012 WB Primary TET Previous year for Question with Answer
First Language : English
1. Choose the correct antonym of the given word: Zenith
2. “The environment has been destroyed completely “ . The phrasal verb that can replace the underlined portion is––
(a) Wiped out
(b) Wiped over
(c) Rooted out
(d) Destroyed out
3.“ A Passage to India” is a novel written by ––
(a) E M Foster
(b) Emily Bronte
(c) Walter Scott
(d) Mary Shelly
[ Read More: CTET and TET Subject Wise MCQ Questions with Answer ]
4. Choose the correct synonym of the given word: Slender.
5. Choose the correct alternative.
She was singing a song. (Active)
A song ________ by her. (Passive)
(a) was sung
(b) was being sung
(d) was sang
6. Which of the following short stories was written b James Joyce ?
(c) Doll’s House
(d) The Signalman
7. Choose the correct alternative for the underlined expression:
The situation left him in the horns of dilemma .
(a) Unable to speak
(b) Unable to recognized
(c) Unable to decide
(d) Unable to feel
8. Identify the correct part of the sentence. If the sentence is correct, choose the no error option.
A tank can be (a) / filled by a tap (b) / in twenty minutes. (c) / No error (d)
9. “Look back in Anger” was written by ––
(a) J M Synge
(b) G B Shaw
(c) John Osborn
(d) Harold Pinter
10. Choose the correct alternative.
If I _______ a bird.
[ Practice More: CTET Previous year Question with Answer ]
11. Choose the correct antonym of the word : Urban
12. Choose the correct alternative.
Please don’t ______ the truth.
(a) Hold back
(b) Hold over
(c) Hold to
(d) Hold in
13. Choose the correct alternative.
I have never traveled ______ air.
14. Identify the correct part of the sentence. If the sentence is correct, choose the no error option.
The host of reputed national and multinational (a) / clients are (b) / a better testimonial than the best spoken words. (c) / No error (d)
15. Choose the correct synonym of the given word: Mould
16. Choose the correct alternative.
My sister said to me, “ Are you well?” (Direct)
My sister ______ me if I ______ well. (Indirect)
(a) Asked, me
(b) Asks, was
(c) Asks, am
(d) Asked, was
[ Download: 2011-2019 CTET Previous Year Question Papers ]
17. Choose the correct alternative.
I usually go to bed _____ midnight.
18. Who wrote “Arms and the man”?
(a) G B Shaw
(b) Samuel Beckett
(c) William Shakespeare
(d) Emily Bronte
19. Choose the correct alternative.
The weather office had predicted that it _______ (rain) soon.
(a) Had rained
(b) Have rained
(c) Would rain
20. Choose the correct alternative.
I know the man. (Active)
The man _______ to me. (Passive)
(b) Is known
(c) Is knew